Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dating Decisions

Well, it's been just over a month since I was broken up with and I'm wondering if it's time to venture back into the dating world.

I like socializing so I want to be out meeting people. The dilemma is whereabouts do I do this meeting of people? My girlfriends all have husbands/boyfriends now so I'm pretty much on my own.

I don't do bars. I am tired of the online dating thing; after awhile it starts to feel like work.

Obviously a nice man isn't going to drop into my patio so I have to make some sort of effort to get out amongst the people. What ever happened with people setting other people up on dates? At least then someone knew someone and it wasn't a complete stranger out of nowhere.

I see the whole summer stretched out before me and I'd like to view it as endless possibilities as opposed to endless boredom and loneliness. Although I don't ever really get bored. I do get lonely though.

I have just 10 working days left and then I am off for the summer.

Surely there must be a Male Dancing Birdwatcher out there for me!!

Otherwise my summer vacation plans will be:
a. letting my hair go gray (see previous post)
b. leash training my cat to take on walks. (really, people do this!)
c. organizing my garage (I need to have a garage sale)

I don't know if I can take that much excitement!

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. If anyone has a nice 50+- guy for me to meet, that's even better!

No comments: