Friday, September 12, 2008

OH, the Irony!

Right after I posted my "country song", I tidied up the kitchen and went to take a nice long soak with the latest novel by Janet Evanovich (LOVE her books! Always makes me laugh out loud!).

Anyway, as I pull out the faucet to turn on the water, IT COMES OFF IN MY HAND! This is not "oops, let's put it back on" but it BROKE COMPLETELY OFF!!! Between a screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers, I was able to pull out the on/off mechanism, turn the water on and adjust the temperature.

For some reason this wasn't the most relaxing bath I've ever had but I still got a laugh out of the book.

But now what? I'm pretty handy but don't know if this is something I should attempt myself. On the other hand, hiring a plumber when you're unemployed could be dangerous.

I wonder if my roommate-to-be knows how to do this stuff?? Guess it won't hurt to ask...

No comments: