Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chickadee Madness!

I have a small area off my living room sliding doors where I have put a couple of bird feeders (both seed and suet) and a little birdbath.

I've had a number of birds come in to sip and dine, including chickadees, red-breasted nuthatches, house finches, and bushtits. There's also a little brown bird that I couldn't identify that came in for a few days.

What's amazing is that the number of chickadees has increased from from 2-3 to 6-7 AT ONE TIME!!! I have three chestnut backed chickadees and several black-capped chickadees visiting.

Yesterday and today I've had 3 chickadees at one time drinking at the birdbath!!

I've tried my birdcam on the feeders but even the chickadees seem too quick to be captured but tomorrow I'll focus it on the birdbath and see if I can get a group shot.

I've read that black-capped chickadees are diminishing in numbers so I'm very happy that they choose to visit me!

No comments: