Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dud Dance

After looking forward all day to going to the dance; it turned out to be a dud. Oh, there were lots of people there but I didn't get asked to dance much.

Which brings me to one of the great mysteries of my life: At some dances I'll dance so much that I hardly ever sit but at other dances I mostly sit! It's the same place; pretty much the same guys, and I don't think I look that different from dance to dance...go figure. Maybe it's the gray hair coming in LOL

Speaking of mysteries, I have been invited to a "Mystery Dinner" tonight! No, it's not what you're thinking, it's not one of those murder mystery dinners where you have to solve a murder while you eat.

No, this is at a friend's house and the DINNER ITSELF is actually a mystery! We'll be given menus to order off of, but the words will be scrambled or in code or something so we won't know what we're ordering! Even the utensils! So I could actually end up with 3 desserts and a knife or something like that. Hmmm, 3 desserts and a knife; not a bad thing really, but it wouldn't help my diet any.

But then it wouldn't be my fault; I mean, I have to order off the menu, right? And whatever I get, I have to eat, right? *SIGH* I've lost 5 pounds so I really don't want to mess it up now. I suppose we'll be allowed to trade or share.

In any case, this will be very fun and interesting!

No comments: