Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bird Survey Part 2

Last Saturday was my second time doing the bird survey for our city. It was a drizzly, overcast day. I really didn't want to get up so early and go out into the cold.

But once I got going, it was so much fun, even trekking through wet brush and walking on muddy paths.

With my new binoculars, I was able to spot a few birds before my partner did so I felt I was really contributing this time!

Still, she totally outpowers me on the bird calls! She gave me a CD with bird calls and songs on it, and I find it amazing that a single bird can make so many sounds!!! And when a lot of birds are calling at once, I find it impossible to isolate them!

So I have a lot to learn still but it's always fun and I'm grateful that even though I might be laid off, watching birds is free!

No comments: