Friday, May 9, 2008

New Bird! (for me)

Yesterday, looking out over the common area between my condo and another, I saw a flash of yellow. Grabbing my binoculars, I tried to following the trail of yellow from branch to branch of the pine tree but just couldn't get a good look.

Disappointed, I gave up, but a short time later, the yellow flashed to the ground and I was able to see it and identify it - a Western Tanager! What a cool looking bird! I've never seen one before.

I couldn't get my camera set up in time to zoom in and snap a shot so I'll have to try another time.

I saw it again today out on the grass, but still couldn't get to my camera quickly enough.

I'm hoping that it will wander over to my property area so that I can officially add it to my Backyard Bird list! And hopefully get a photo too!

No comments: